Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
— (via eelum)
what an introvert is:
- someone who gets their energy from being alone and can get exhausted from being around people for extended periods of time
what an introvert isn’t:
- low self esteem
- hatred of people
- social awkwardness
- alcohol or lighter fluid
- Mix 4 parts powdered sugar with 1 part baking soda.
- Make a mound with the sand. Push a depression into the middle of the sand.
- Pour the alcohol or other fuel into the sand to wet it.
- Pour the sugar and baking soda mixture into the depression.
- Ignite the mound, using a lighter or match.
Musician and model Viktoria Modesta Moskalova, who commissioned the pieces, says in her statement:“It was really fascinating watching people’s reactions because most of them were speechless. Some had never stood next to a person with a prosthetic limb and the ideas they might have of what an amputee might look or act like is, in most cases, negative. So when they do clock my appearance and then see the leg, it is very challenging for them. Most importantly, when the limb is attached and I’m walking with it in my full composure, it has a power that is beyond something that can be described. I think I have dealt with people’s responses pretty well, as they have been incredibly positive even if they were initially shocked. It’s a special piece that needs to be exposed only in special circumstances to be fully appreciated, meaning on stage, on film or as part of an art installation.”